Monday, September 15, 2014

Travel bug

Highlights from Switzerland & Roma

 

Last night, Adam and I got back from a European vacation to see his family in Switzerland and spend four nights all together in Rome. I'll share more details, photos, and my personal takeaways later this week. But for now, here are some iPhone camera highlights.

On the way to La Tour de Peilz, Adam jumped every time an oncoming train zipped by.
When in Rome, we did lots of sight-seeing and the weather was hot perfection.
 
Lessons in maturity: Gorgeous fountain or peeing statue?


We stayed in a most quaint apartment and had a rustic lunch every day.

It took 5 people & 5 minutes just to open the apartment door.



















Mrs. Buettner rocked the best camera of us all.









































We heard the Pope's weekly address and fought the crowds to see inside St. Peter's.


We made it back to La Tour de Peilz and enjoyed walks along the lake.


























This little girl ran up to me and gave me a Hello Kitty necklace. (I gave it back.)
































Adam's poor dog had to wear a cone because a bigger dog bit his ear. Sad & comical.


























I woke up early to enjoy a sunrise from the balcony of the Buettner apartment.


















We hiked along the Bisse du Torrent-neuf.











"Climb Every Mountain" has been in my head ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Kelsey. One correction though "it took 4 people" to open the door. I would have done it in a minute by myself,

    ReplyDelete