Thursday, September 10, 2015

From Van Gogh to Pollock

Milwaukee Art Museum welcomes modern rebels


Last week, I spent some time with the Milwaukee's Art Museum's current special exhibit: a collection of works by the art world's "modern rebels." I would never claim to be an art history buff, but I love to experience art and I know what I like when I see it. Well, there's a lot to like at the Milwaukee Art Museum's current special exhibit



In the exhibit From Van Gogh to Pollock, you'll see masterworks by Pollock and Van Gogh (naturally), also Warhol, Dali, Chagall, and Toulouse-Lautrec, just to name a few. Stare at these pieces and see what details you can pick out: whimsical characters, splotches of paint blending to form a wicked creature, and pencil smudges on otherwise crisp canvases of pop art. To paraphrase my brother's reaction to said smudges: Master artists, they're just like us! 

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words — you'd find it a lot more exciting if you just went to the museum yourself. But you have to act fast! From Van Gogh to Pollock runs through September 20th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment