Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Whimsical kids wall art

3 Etsy artists perfect for kids rooms


For all of you who have youngsters in your life (or even if you're just young at heart like me), these art picks are for you. I would plaster them all over our walls if I didn't think they were just a bit too youthful/girly for the Man of the House. I prefer to compromise on apartment art, though that doesn't stop me from ogling these pieces and dreaming of the day I get to decorate a kid's room. That's what procreation is all about, right? Finally realizing your dreams of whimsical home décor? Here are 3 kid-friendly artists I love.

#1 Helen Dardik
I first saw Helen Dardik's work in Flow Magazine; she was a featured artist in the first issue I ever owned. Her work just screams "put me in a kid's room!" Across the board, her pieces are vibrant and whimsical, encouraging imagination, adventure, and discovery. 

Below: A Blooming Mind, Inside the Rainbow, His Royal Spirit



#2 Paola Zakimi
In my decorating daydreams, it's a struggle between bright/lively and soft/sweet. I'm not sure which I love more. Paola Zakimi's Etsy shop, Holli, definitely falls into the soft and sweet category. Her sketches are lovely, her little characters are darling, and I love her animal alphabet posters (available in multiple languages).

Below: Mae, English ABCs, My Lovely Tree in Summer




#3 Emily Winfield Martin
Emily Winfield Martin was yet another Flow Magazine discovery for me. She was a featured artist, with beautiful tear-out portraits just asking to be framed (and Adam and I did frame one!). Her work ranges from the slightly odd to the wonderfully magical. I'm definitely a bigger fan of her more kid-friendly pieces. How enchanting are these?

Below: Fairy Dream, Fox Girl, Circus Dream



Do you have a favorite artist whose work is perfect for little ones? Share in the comments! I'd love to grow my collection of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment