Sunday, May 18, 2014

Landmark Lanes

We're gonna score tonight


I've only seen "Grease 2" once (and once was enough), but whenever someone suggests going bowling, it never fails: "We're gonna score tonight" pops into my head and stays there for a good 24 hours post-bowl. Last night, we rocked and rolled our way to Landmark Lanes for some bopping and glow bowling. 


































The "bopping" included a game of darts, where I put my Throwing Blindly method to the test. There were also pitchers of cheap beer, a digital jukebox, and fooseball. Landmark is a sprawling place with two full-size bars, pool tables, a game room (pinball anyone?), and of course a bowling alley. Seeing as it was a Saturday night, we had to wait about an hour for a lane to open up, but in the mean time there was plenty to entertain. 

When the time came to bowl, we all laced up our pre-worn, glow-in-the-dark shoes. Lindsey and I shared a pink jawbreaker of a bowling ball and tried to hold our own against the boys. She came out better than I did — in fact, everyone did. So much for the Throwing Blindly method. But win or lose, we had a blast. Definitely worth having that terrible song stuck in my head for another 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment