Saturday, May 17, 2014

Rocket Baby Bakery

Heaven is a pastry shop in Tosa

 

The morning started slowly, filled with mundane things like running to plug the meter and cleaning my boyfriend’s beard shavings from the bathroom sink. When Adam, now clean-shaven, suggested Rocket Baby for breakfast, Saturday got its much-needed jolt.






















We’d been to Wauwatosa’s Rocket Baby Bakery together once before, not even a month ago. We’re finding it hard to stay away. There are fruit and cream cheese danishes (Adam’s preference), a glass case filled with cheery macarons, and baguettes that I thought only lived in this Francophile’s dreams. 

But I went for the almond croissant. With my first bite I told Adam, “I’m leaving you. It’s been real.” The croissant is sheer perfection with a crispy, sugary shell that gives way to buttery, flaky layers that envelope a most scrumptious almond filling. If heaven were a pastry, it’s Rocket Baby’s almond croissant.

And that’s not even the chocolate almond croissant, which I have yet to sample. It’s been sold out both times we’ve gone. What does that tell you? That the people of Tosa have also found their pastry heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Rocket Baby Bakery, and thanks for the great recommendation about the almond croissant - it sounds like something worth heading into Tosa for!

    ReplyDelete