Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Best baking sheet

Never going back to burnt


My mom has this old, burnt, cookie sheet that we've used for as long as I can remember. I guess I liked it because it was smaller and lighter than some of the new ones she's acquired over the years. This past weekend, however, I was baking sugar cookies that did a lot of spreading out; a second cookie sheet was required to get the job done efficiently.

Luckily, my dad added to my mom's cookie sheet collection this past Christmas. He bought her one from William Sonoma; it got the best reviews on America's Test Kitchen, one of our favorite cooking shows. This new baking sheet is large and heavy and I hadn't really used it until this past Saturday. Now I'm never going back to burnt.


I'm no food scientist, so I don't know how William Sonoma does it, but they do it so right. This baking sheet is amazing! Just check out the difference in the above cookies: On the left, cookies baked on our old burnt sheet. On the right, cookies baked on the William Sonoma Baking Sheet of Wonders. These cookies were baked in the same oven for the same amount of time, but the ones on the left baked totally unevenly and browned way too quickly (the key to these angel sugar cookies to have hardly any golden color).

So now we all know! It's totally worth it to spring for the William Sonoma baking sheet — and, I'd imagine, most other products in their line of bake-ware. Methinks I'll start my own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment