Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cavallini & Company vintage postcards

Out of the tin and into the mailbox


I'd seen vintage postcards in tins at Barnes & Noble for years. While cards are my greatest impulse buy and j'adore vintage goodies, I'm also a crazy person about card quality (the weight and sheen of the paper, etc). Combining two of my favorite things, these particular vintage postcards seemed to have great potential — but since they come in a plastic-wrapped tin, I never took the plunge. 

What if the images were pretty but the paper quality sucked? Not being able to open the tin to see and feel the cards firsthand, it just wasn't worth the risk. Then, for Christmas, my mom gifted me a tin of Cavallini & Company postcards. I had one of those card geek moments of "Yes! I'm finally going to know what's in the tin!" 

Inside? High quality. Nine different designs (two cards per design) and every single one is lovely. These postcards are totally worth the purchase, and that stamp (snail mail humor!) of approval comes from someone you can trust: a hardcore card lover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment