Thursday, May 22, 2014

Trader Joe's greeting cards

A recipe for happy snail mailing

 

Trader Joe's greeting cards, much like Mary Poppins, are practically perfect in every way — and that's coming from a greeting card snob. Whenever I'm shopping for cards, I go through a mental checklist: Is the card too flimsy? Too glossy and prone to smudging? How's the font? Font color? If it's one of those where you open it and there's a smaller piece of paper glued inside, forget it. Is the envelope sturdy? Or can I swap the assigned envelope for a superior one of the same size?

 
Trader Joe's cards meet all my necessary (admittedly obsessive) standards. They're high quality, beautifully designed, simply stated, and bonus: they're just $0.99! Does anything cost less than a dollar these days? I stock up on my favorites every time I go into my local store, and I have pen pals who also swear by these beauties. So thank you, Trader Joe's, for brightening up my snail mail one greeting card at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment