Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Anime March at the Avalon

Hayao Miyazaki comes to the big screen in Bay View


If you're a fan of animation and children's movies and haven't seen anything by Japan's famous Hayao Miyazaki, you're missing out on a hugely wonderful, magical, and genius slice of the genre. Whether you'd be experiencing Miyazaki's work for the time, or if you're an established fan like me, this is the time to catch some select Studio Ghibli films on the big screen right here in Milwaukee



Every week in March, the Avalon movie theater in Bay View will play a different Miyazaki movie. You'll have three chances to see each one: Tuesday or Thursday at 9pm (in Japanese with English subtitles) and at 10:30 Saturday mornings (dubbed in English for the kiddies). This week it's My Neighbor Totoro, the first Miyazaki movie I ever saw and one of my favorites. I can't wait for more in the upcoming weeks.

Tickets are just $5 and can be purchased online (for $6). When my brother and I went to the Tuesday night Totoro showing, the place was packed and the line was practically out the door. I suggest getting your tickets ahead of time and arriving early.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete