Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bavette la Boucherie

Some of the best sammys in Milwaukee


I can tell you the Milwaukee sandwiches that stick with me: the Portabella Philly at Nessun Dormaturkey at North Shore Boulangerie, and sirloin steak at Story Hill BKC. Enter Bavette la Boucherie in the Third Ward with its delicious lineup of sandwiches, giving the rest a run for their money. 

The interior of Bavette is adorable with a nice-casual vibe and my favorite: a pop of turquoise wallpaper. The sidewalk patio overlooking Catalano Square is now open for the season and lined with cheerful striped umbrellas. Given the fine weather, we opted for a table in the sunshine and two sandwiches to share. First, the Cuban: pressed ham, bacon, cheese, pickles, pickled jalapeño & mustard.






My favorite was our second choice: BBQ pulled beef with cabbage-apple slaw and pickled jalapeño aioli. Last time I was at Bavette, it was pulled pork with the same fixings, so it seems the menu changes from time to time — perhaps daily? Either way, give me some saucy pulled meat topped with slaw and aioli and I'm a happy camper!






You can check out the rest of the yummy sandwiches at Bavette on their website, but remember that what you see there may not be what you get. Also, be sure to check the hours before you make the trip; Bavette is closed on Sundays, only open from 11–5 on Mondays and Tuesdays, and is open until 9pm all other days. 

What are your favorite sammys in Milwaukee? I'd love to add them to my bucket list, so sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment