Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Memorial Union Terrace

A not-so-hidden gem at UW Madison 


I don't know if I'm a sheltered born-and-raised Milwaukeean and Marquette grad or if I've just been living under a rock, but friends, I had never even heard of the Memorial Union Terrace in Madison before a bachelorette party a few weeks back brought me to that very place. 




Though this historic spot on Lake Mendota may be old hat to much of the Wisconsin population, Badger and beyond, this little shout-out is really for the rest of us who didn't even know that our lives were seriously lacking in Terrace. Well now we know. Sit in the sun or shade, lay on the pier, dip your toes in the water, watch sail boats glide by, have a beer and a brat — oh, oh, it's magic! 




I imagine it's overrun with students come fall, as it should be. But either way, the Terrace has a vibe that's unlike any Wisconsin lakeside locale I've personally seen. What other not-so-hidden waterfront gems are waiting for us in the Badger state? If you have a favorite, sound off in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment