Monday, August 19, 2019

Bad English

A Milwaukee food truck at Boone & Crockett 


I really want to love the Bad English food truck, so I'm going to need your help. The truck has been a new fixture at Boone & Crockett since June, giving Taco Moto a Filipino-style run for its money. Some of the Asian-inspired dishes look amazing. Others (the ones I tried) left me rather underwhelmed. Sad trombone. 



First up, the truck itself takes a good photo. The food is also photogenic. Purple rice topped with a veggie rainbow feels like a healthy choice, but it lacked a zing that would make me crave it. For a truck that says "Feeling Saucy?" I wondered: Where is the sauce? 



Then there were these little egg rolls. Listed on the menu board as featuring "Velveeta, sweet & spicy chili sauce & pickles," I was intrigued. Well, the rolls were straight-up filled with melty American cheese. That's it. Which is fun in a Velveeta-y way, but I dunno. 

I also tried a couple bites of noodles in a sweet & sour sauce — pretty good. But honestly, I've never been that into sweet & sour sauce, so I might be the wrong one to judge. 

Is this my most wishy-washy food review yet? Probably. The thing is, I want to want to go back to Bad English the next time I'm at Boone. I just haven't figured out what their stand-out dishes are. Please, for the love of all that's delicious, tell me: What should I be eating the next time I find myself at Bad English? 

No comments:

Post a Comment